The Health Indicators Database was designed to be an easy-to-use online tool that provides central storage for data, creates reports that provide an overall picture of your population, and serves as a client-tracking information system.
The database is meant to be used by organizations that are community-based and working with older adults. It will allow you to:
- Manage what users have access to the database
- Maintain a survey interviewer list
- Generate Respondent ID numbers
- Enter data into the online database
- Track the number of completed interviews
- Generate frequency reports, which show total responses for each question
- Create client detail reports, which identify all clients who responded a given way (such as those who answered “yes” to having diabetes)
To use the database you will need an organizational account, which will allow you to have exclusive, protected access to your organization’s data.
We recommend that anyone responsible for data entry undergo database training so that completed surveys can be entered correctly and efficiently. On average it will take approximately 5-10 minutes for trained staff members to enter the survey data into the database, once they have gained some experience using the system. Before training staff, you will also need several completed surveys to use when practicing data entry. The following will help staff understand the structure of the database and become comfortable using it: